Wednesday 25 April 2012

The case for Video Games

Introduction

First and foremost I would like to say from the start of my blog that Video Games are Great Fun. 

It is my opinion that the playing of video games is fun in the same way as you can spend hours on end in front of the television.
The pleasure of getting away from reality when you just need a break or when you have kids and you just want some time for yourself is undeniable. 

Video games have a great way of distracting you from things that stress you out.

Video Games are like tests they test your problem solving techniques over and over again. If you don't succeed the first time you can try it again and its fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tamiana,

    Firstly I am really looking forward to reading your blog as I am a fan of video games and consider myself still a child at heart, even though I am 22. I am wondering what possible points you will make as I know that people who oppose video games will try make a link between violent video games and violent acts in children (Linking Columbine to Doom). Also the negative effects like social isolation and if there is a coloration between video games and health problems. Either way, I am looking forward to reading this when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me too! Although to elaborate on the above comment, I'm also interested in some of the ways playing video games is beneficial; reaction times, hand/eye coordination etc. The whole "violent video games" debacle is a bit silly. There is violence in almost all aspects of the media and society. Besides, anyone who doesn't know that life doesn't work like grand theft auto probably shouldn't be allowed a game console to begin with.

    ReplyDelete